Natural anti aging tips that will actually make a difference to your skin aren’t a myth!
You can use the 11 tips on this page right away and some show instant results – for example paying attention to your neck and chest muscles can have a surprising effect on your skin (tip #10)…
Natural Anti Aging Tip #1: Get Instantly Younger-looking Skin With A DIY Face Lift Massage
A do-it-yourself facial massage truly has the power to give you an instant facelift. By concentrating on a few moves that drain lymph and provide ‘lift’ to your skin, you might be surprised at the results!
The change is temporary, at least in the beginning. But, if done daily these moves will provide lasting results.
You can do them every evening as part of your nightly routine, or every morning to give you a ‘lift’ for the day – once you have the moves down it becomes easy. You really can ‘lift’ your eyebrows and cheeks with the right moves…
2. Get Supple Skin with Fish Oil Supplements
If there is one supplement you should be taking to get supple, plump, hydrated skin, fish oil/Omega 3 is it.
Omega 3 fatty acids strengthen cell membranes, which ensures they perform their vital functions such as nutrient uptake, waste removal and ability to hold water optimally.
Supplements can take from 1 – 3 months to show a noticeable difference.
But don’t let this deter you from adding Omega 3 supplements to your routine – that time is going to pass anyway!
3. How To Really Drink Water For Noticeably Smoother, More Toned Skin
This natural anti aging tip is repeated so much it probably has you rolling your eyes. BUT if you get it right it truly can make a difference!
It isn’t quite as simple as ‘drink 8 glasses a day’.
A dramatic increase is usually needed, along with a couple of important points…
Drinking enough water can provide noticeable results to your skin by improving tone, texture and even refining the contours of your face – within 3 – 5 days.
It looks brighter and more radiant from within.
Increase your intake to a
4. How To Wake Up In The Morning With Plumper, Smoother Skin
Want to wake up with younger looking skin?
It’s simple: Use a humidifier in your bedroom at night.
You will wake up with less fine lines, and plumper, more hydrated looking skin. No need for a big fancy one, a small bedside humidifier will do wonders.
Try it – you might be pleasantly surprised at how you can improve your skin while you sleep!
5. Nature’s Skin Tightening Face Mask – Egg Whites
The humble egg white face mask tightens skin, refines pores and brightens your complexion.
Its face lift effects are temporary, but when it’s this easy and cheap – who cares?!
You can use it a few times a week no problem (as long as it is ok for your skin).
Here’s how to use an egg white face mask:
- Whip up 1 – 2 egg whites
- Apply to face (use your fingers or a cotton ball)
- Relax 20mins
- Rinse off with warm water
Enjoy your tighter looking skin! Yes, it really is that simple.
6. Decrease Inflammation (AKA Aging) Naturally
A lot of the aging process comes from inflammation -signs of which include uneven tone, wrinkles, saggy skin, breakouts…
Decreasing inflammation can obviously have a big impact on the overall look of your skin.
Here is a simple natural daily addition that will help do just that:
- Mix 1/2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder
- Take each morning on an empty stomach
Turmeric is a natural anti inflammatory (plus has powerful anti-oxidant properties). Olive oil is another skin saver in its own right, while its good fats allow the turmeric to be absorbed by your body.
A small, simple step in the morning to start your day off right!
7. Reduce Water Retention To Tighten and Smooth Your Face Contours
Tired of your chin hiding behind a ‘soft focus’? Does your skin look puffy/saggy, or does it feel uncomfortable?
You might be dealing with water retention – and by reducing this you can make a truly dramatic difference to your appearance. Skin will look more toned and smoothed, and your cheek bones may just reappear!
What can you do to naturally help decrease water retention?
First thing every morning (before your turmeric mouthful!), drink this:
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice and 1/2 – 1 glass of warm/hot water
Depending on your preferences you might prefer more water, or find the hotter it is the easier it is to drink. Experiment to find what works, but just do it! (Bonus: this also seriously helps with cellulite, and who doesn’t want that?!)
*Extra water retention reducing tips:
- cranberry juice is a great diuretic, just half a glass a day can help get things moving
- try to cut down on or eliminate ‘white’ foods such as refined sugar, flour and salt
- take a note of anything that tends to cause you to ‘puff up’, perhaps by keeping a food journal
- drinking plenty of water also helps, of course…
- and for an instant DIY face slimming mask, see below >
8. And Now… The Instant DIY Face Slimming, De-Puffing Mask
This easy mask shows instant results. You might be seriously surprised at the difference you see in the mirror.
It really is powerful:
Do you drink coffee in the morning? Good….
- Mix about 1 tablespoon of used coffee grounds with enough honey to make a paste
- Apply to your face, including under your chin which is a notorious area for water retention (double chin anyone?)
- Leave on for 20mins. It’s usually a good idea to place some paper towels around your neck line to catch any drips
- The easiest way to remove it is in the shower, it can be messy. Use this mask any time you feel the need.
9. Hydrate Hydrate Hydrate… From The Outside
Everyone knows that moisturizer is important. But who says you only have to apply it twice a day?
Take a tip from the eternal Joan Collins, and apply moisturizer constantly. She apparently keeps a jar beside each basin to apply it as much as possible when she is at home. Her skin is truly fantastic so that’s a tip worth listening to!
*Modification for us ‘mere mortals’: a jar by every basin may be a bit excessive. So try this instead:
- Cleanse your face and apply moisturizer when you get home at night
- Then, apply another layer before bed
- Apply a thick layer and let it absorb for a few minutes. Massage any excess into your skin
- On days when you are at home, try to apply it whenever you remember. Notice how it makes your skin feel – especially the next day (no need for an expensive cream for this, you might like to use a simple hydrating cream for these ‘extra’ applications)
10. For A Younger Looking Face – Pay Attention To Your Neck and Chest Muscles
If your chest and/or neck muscles are tight, they will pull down on your facial muscles.
This causes your face to ‘drop’, will make you look less relaxed (and thus less ‘youthful’) and it also constricts nutrient/oxygen flow.
This is a completely overlooked skin care tip, yet it is one that can make a huge difference.
So keep those muscles loose:
- With regular massages, either professional or DIY
- Stretch often – yoga will also help
- Regularly check your posture to ensure you aren’t tightening your shoulders by habit
- Open your mouth wide and make silly faces to loosen up the chin and neck